The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming!! I polled Instagram to find out if y’all wanted me to let you know what this thing is all about and you overwhelming said yes so here goes! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is probably the single BIGGEST shopping event of the year. Also lovingly called the NSale, this sale is the sale to end all sales. The ultimate savings shopportunity. So what exactly is in it? Keep reading.
First things first. When is the sale? Here are the 3 dates to need to know.
JULY 12th: Early Access starts for card holders only*
JULY 20th: Sale opens to the public
AUGUST 5th: Sale ends
*If you’re not a card holder, get one here ASAP! Based on my experience the last few years, MANY items sell out the first day. Be prepared to shop online first thing on July 12th! Having early access means you get at least a week of shopping before the general public. I usually do my biggest order on the first day and then I’ll go back and get anything else I’ve forgotten a couple more times during this marathon anniversary sale!
How to Get Early Access
In order to have first dibs on thousands of items at a reduced price on July 13th, you need to have a Nordstrom Credit card. Added bonus: You can earn $40 off to shop the sale if you make a purchase the day you are approved for a Nordstrom card. That is free money! You’ll earn 2x rewards at minimum throughout the year by shopping at Nordstrom anyway but this is a little something extra right now. You can earn rewards at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and Hautelook with this card! You can also schedule your triple points day during the sale (I do this)!
Why is it such a big deal?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale isn’t like any other sale. All of the items are actually BRAND-NEW FALL and WINTER items marked down! It’s crazy! Is it worth it? Absolutely. Items sell out FAST in this sale. Often times even before the sale opens to the public. There is nothing worse than seeing Tory Burch riding boots 50% off and sold out in your size. Trust me.
As a Chicagoan, it pains me that Nordstrom is already reminding me that fall/winter is coming. However, the reality is that most of the year is spent wearing colder weather gear so I try to stock up on NEW items with prices that are low! Get a better idea of the kind of items by looking through the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalogue.
Shopping online is highly recommended as inventory in-store is different everywhere. Last year, the Nordstrom on Michigan Avenue (one of the largest Nordstrom stores in the US) had a pretty spotty selection! I try to avoid fighting crowds and being stalked by salespeople while I shop so I always order online!
Tips and resources for shopping the sale.
Shop early. There will be items that sell out the first day. Since Nordstrom has such a great return policy, just buy whatever you think might work. It feels like items sell out earlier and earlier every year because of the great deals.
Bookmark your favorites NOW as well as this page where I round up my top picks so you can shop quickly once the sale opens. For a better idea of what you can expect, see last year’s posts on the ‘best ofs’ the sale: boots, outerwear, tops under $50, and beauty deals.
I will also be adding an “NSALE” option in my menu bar so you can access all the posts I’ve done covering the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! It will be bright pink so you can’t miss it! I’ll also be sharing on Instagram Stories and in the Like To Know It app. Make sure you’re following along in both places so you don’t miss anything!
What is in the sale?
Tons of really good fall items. If it seems weird to be shopping for fall mid-July, it is. I was so skeptical last year. However, there are some incredible pieces to look out for that you will wear through the end of the year.
There are thousands of items in the sale which can sometimes be overwhelming. So, have an idea of what you need for fall before you start. Here are the list of things I will be stocking up on:
- Great basics under $50. I wore these items on repeat (and still do) last year. Basic solid and striped tops will be going into my shopping cart first thing! I usually look for pieces by BP, Hinge, and Treasure & Bond!
- Beauty products. This seems weird but last year, I got my favorite GLAMGLOW mask with 2 more sample masks for the same price as one mask at Sephora! Look out for some amazing deals from your favorite brands like Hourglass and Philosophy.
- Booties. I’ll definitely be stocking up on more of these. Last year’s sale had a ton of great deals on Vince that were so cute!
- Boots. Especially Tory Burch riding boots. I snagged last year’s pair from the sale and they’re still as good as new! Even if you’re not a Tory Burch fan, there will be other brands – possibly even some Stuart Weitzmans! While Stuart Weitzmans are definitely an investment, I wore mine weekly if not multiple times a week last year and they still are in great shape. Since they don’t need replacing, I’m planning to just expand my color collection!
- Bags. Take this opportunity to get a Rebecca Minkoff on sale! They will have tons of new fun styles in the sale! Tory Burch will be in there too!
- Sweaters. Cardigans fly off the racks (figuratively). I stocked up on a few turtlenecks and cozy v-necks last year.
- Outerwear! Plan on picking up at least one good wool coat from this sale to get you through winter. My girls in the Northeast and the Midwest know this is a matter of survival! Badgley Mischka usually has a few classics as part of this sale like this lavender wrap coat!
- Workwear. From the catalogue alone, I’ve seen a ton of mules under $100 that I am loving for the office. I’ve also seen some great pant and skirt options!
*Note all these items linked are part of the sale so they are showing up as sold out now but will be in stock on the first day of the sale!
There is no promo code needed for this sale! Prices are as marked. You will see the full price listed too to give you an idea of how much you’re saving and also, what the price will be after the sale (should the item still be in stock or get re-stocked).
Are you excited yet? Make sure to bookmark this page and check back once the sale starts! I will be updating it with the best items as well as sharing my top Nordstrom Anniversary Sale picks into new posts here on Visions of Vogue.
Here were some of my favorite outfits from last year!
Now…it’s time for a fabulous giveaway!
I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers
to give YOU a chance to win:
a $1,000 Nordstrom Gift Card, just in time to shop the Anniversary Sale!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until 7/9.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited.
By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task,
which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.