Olive Off the Shoulder Dress | White Tassel Necklace (so obsessed!) | Taupe Wedges | Sole Society Bag | White Sunglasses (almost 60% off but running out of stock!) | Gold Statement Earrings | California Necklace | Lipstick in ‘Bawse’
Y’all, why is brunch so good? Aside from Taco Bell at any time of day and late night cookie dough binges in the kitchen, brunch is by far my favorite meal of the day. Here’s why:
- It’s ultra girly. There’s nothing that gets girls more excited than planning a brunch. It’s like going on a first date with the guy you’ve been drooling over for months except minus all the awkwardness. So it’s pretty much the best thing in life.
- You don’t have to wake up early. It’s not like I can sleep in anyway but hey, if I wanted to, I could.
- Food options. Avo toast and acai bowls? All day, every day. If there was a career based around eating either of those or green juice, that would be my dream job. If I felt like being basic and ordering a salad, I could get that too. Tons of choices.
- Outfit planning. Just like picking out what you’re going to wear to knock a guy’s socks off, brunch outfits are equally important. You want to be comfortable but cute. You want to be able to drink a bottle of rosé, look chic, and ‘do you’ all at the same time. It’s an art.
This olive off the shoulder dress is one of my top contenders for a summer brunch. It’s dressy enough to wear to your favorite little cafe but also could be dressed down with some flat sandals. You could also pack this on your next vacation as a beach coverup. As with most of my dresses in this A Dress A Day series, it’s versatile! But that’s real life isn’t it? You want options. Just like that brunch menu. At least I do… The Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale kicked off yesterday so make sure to check out the pieces worth shopping here after this dress!
Having learned the hard way, my adoration of wedges is really on the rise lately. After 6 months in boots, my feet aren’t loving the transition to heels. So I’m compromising with wedges. I linked to a bunch of options by this brand below but these knot ones are my favorite. I just think they look the most elegant, if that makes sense? I’ve also walked 2 miles in them so they’re definitely good enough should you have one too many mimosas and have to walk home.
Do you have a go to brunch outfit?
As a reminder, you can see all of the dresses from this series here! Or there’s a list below!
- Date Night (Day 1)
- Bridal Shower (Day 2)
- Everyday Work Dress (Day 3)
- Wedding Guest (Day 4)
- Garden Party (Day 5)
- Little Black Dress (Day 6)
- Picnic (Day 7)
- Bridesmaid (Day 8)
- Winery (Day 9)