I feel like I’ve been talking a lot about spring break lately. For someone that doesn’t actually get one, I find that ironic. And while I wish I had a week off of life right now, I don’t. So, I’m resolving to just dream about one instead. Oh, and shop for spring break outfits like I actually have plane ticket to somewhere exotic.
As any fashionista knows, the destination of a spring break trip is just as important as a spring break outfit. When we travel, I meticulously plan all my outfits. It’s nauseating. Even I can admit that. Partly because the struggle is real when it comes to fitting everything I want to bring into one suit case. Partly because I want to knock the perfectly planned wanderlust photo out of the park. I’m a perfectionist. It’s a gift and a curse.
Which leads me to today’s Friday Five. If you saw my top 5 domestic or international destinations posts, you know I’ve for travel on my mind. That means I’m starting to pick out those perfect warm weather pieces. Whether your headed off to have a few margaritas in Cabo or are lucky enough to live in a warm climate, these are the 5 must have pieces for looking effortlessly stylish.
1. A cover up. I always forget a cover up. It’s never one of those things that comes to mind first for me for some reason. That’s why I’m listing it first. But no one wants to put on a regular dress or jean shorts after a day at the beach. It feels gross. The cover ups below are giving me some serious beach envy right now. They all look super flattering and some can even be worn as a regular dress if you end up not wanting to change (like this one!). More bang for your buck!
2. Sunglasses. I challenge you to find a post of mind where I’m not wearing my favorite accessory. I already admitted these pink sunnies were my favorite but I’m not exclusive when it comes to shaded eyewear. I literally wear sunglasses every day thanks to my uber sensitive eyes. Light colored eyes always have trouble with light, right? Anyway, I linked to a few of my favorite sunglasses brands below at all price points. For really affordable ones, my go to is Quay.
3. Sandals. My feet are dying to get back into these. 4 months of boots have left my legs a really hideous pale shade. I’m seeing so many comfortable and affordable sandals this season and I just did a huge haul for our trip to Tampa this weekend (see yesterday’s post for a sneak peek of what I packed). Here are some more I found browsing this week!
4. Statement earrings. Every time I find myself saving a photo to my summer board on Pinterest, I feel like there are fun statement earrings in it. I love all the neat shapes and bright colors. Obviously I have a favorite brand of you scroll through the below but I can’t help it. Everything is so affordable and they legit last!
5. Beach bag. I always struggle with packing backs when I travel. They just seem to take up so much space! So, I make sure to limit myself to a few with basic colors or at least ones that go with 2-3 outfits. Every girl needs a great beach tote too to protect all her goodies from the sand. Therefore, I included a few fun ones with poms on them too!
That’s it! Those are my 5 spring break must haves! If you are jetsetting off somewhere this month, hopefully that jogs your memory in terms of what to pack. And if you don’t have one of these yet, happy shopping. Spring is good but spring with a side of killer fashion is so much better!