With visions of Friday here, I thought it would be fun to share my top 5 travel destinations. If you’re jetsetting off to a new destination this weekend, lucky you. For the rest of us, it doesn’t hurt to dream right? I’ll be stuck in my cubicle for the next 9 hours crunching numbers in Excel (my day job is in finance). Maybe I can sneak in a Kayak.com search to get something on the calendar.
If booking a plane flight is in your future, here are some of my favorite international destinations to consider! Look out for a roundup of places within the United States sometime in the next few Fridays. There are so many amazing destinations without crossing a gigantic body of water that I’ll be sharing there! But for now, my real passion: stamps in my passport.
1. Ireland. If you’re looking to fill your iPhone memory with lush, green photos, this is the destination for you. There is a picture perfect moment every direction you turn! This vacation was a little slower pace for us because there’s a lot of distance between sights. Meaning, lots of driving. That said, I drove the whole trip and was fine so don’t let that discourage you! There were so many photos from Ireland that I had to do quite a few travel guides. I did a complete 10 day itinerary as well as day trip travel guides by locale. See below!
2. Cabo. We went here for our first wedding anniversary so I may be a little partial. However, so many people visit regularly which confirms that Cabo deserves to be in the top 5. This trip was about relaxation, Mexican food, and margs for us. We spent a ton of time by the pool next to a plate of chips and guac and it was just perfect. The full travel guide on where to stay, what to eat, and what to do can be found here.
3. Japan. This was one of the coolest and most unique destinations we visited in 2016. Keep in mind I’m saying that and I don’t even eat fish (I’m vegan-ish). It’s that interesting! I shared most of my journey on an Instagram takeover with @liketoknow.it but you can find all the photos here for Tokyo and here for Kyoto and Osaka. I tried to capture not only the scene, but also the outfit and every photo is a place I’d recommend stopping by. Need more? I have a Word document with our itinerary so shoot me an email if you want it!
4. Italy. This was Matt’s second trip out of the country wayyy back in the day. I think it’s adorable that as a Midwesterner, he had never left the US of A before we started dating. It’s my mission to show him the world. That totally sounds like something out of Disney’s Aladdin. If I had to pick a favorite city in Italy, I couldn’t. We visited Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, and Cinque Terre.
This was right as I started blogging so I never created a travel guide for it. I had no idea where I was going with this little side project back then. It was just for fun. I also have an itinerary for this trip. Would you want to see that travel guide here on Visions of Vogue? One place we didn’t go but really want to is the Amalfi Coast. One day, I hope we’ll make our way back!
5. Belize. We didn’t really see much of the land portion of this country… Matt whisked me away on a surprise mini moon to a very secluded caye that was only a mile long and maybe 50 yards wide! As a California girl, the water is my jam so I was completely happy with that. We soaked up the sun on a gazebo, went snorkeling, watched Matt try his hand at fishing, and read a few books from our over water hut. It was a very peaceful and quiet trip which we welcomed as newlyweds. As you can see, my photo editing skills have come a long way ;)
I know Friday’s have become all about lists of 5 but honorable mention today is Banff, Canada. We visited in the middle of winter but I definitely want to go back when it’s warmer. It didn’t make today’s list only because I’m currently a little bitter about the cold. It went back to snowing again last night as seen on InstaStories! Chicago is back to her old ways of freezing us!
What is your favorite travel destination? Have you been to any of those listed above?
All of these places are on my list to visit! Such a great post! Happy weekend! xo, Nataly
Laura @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels says
All of these are on my list. And I already want to go hand to Cabo again! You’re making me miss it!
Styled Blonde says
Japan is definitely on my travel list! I have been through most of Europe and Central America but would LOVE to visit Asia. Such a unique culture!
I’m definitely saving this post! My boyfriend and I want to plan a big trip somewhere, so this is definitely a great starting point!
xo Kelsey | http://www.chasingcinderellablog.com
Lee Anne Benjamin (@leeannebenjamin) says
Oh my gosh, total Wanderlust over here! Time to plan a trip ASAP.
Lexi Holzberg Kritzer says
This post is giving me a serious case of wanderlust! I want to check out so many of these. <3
Sarah Tripp says
I’m dying to go to Belize! Your photos are gorgeous!
Helena Primeira says
Beautifull photos and post, I liked :)
Helena Primeira Youtube
LOVE this post! I officially have a major travel bug now. If you make it to 30A, please let me know! <3
Emily | Style Me Tactical says
These destinations are perfect. I want to go to all them and more.
Dani Marie Krum says
Oh my goodness! These are all so amazing! Now, I need to go on a trip!
Nicole Leffew says
Wow girl you’ve been everywhere! I would love to go to Ireland!
Stunning pictures! I need to go to Ireland ASAP! It just looks so gorgeous!
Nadia Cohen says
I haven’t been to any on the list, however Ireland is up next. I love London, because the shopping is great. I’m from an island but I don’t really like island destinations, go figure.
Julia Mazzucato says
I’m going to Ireland this April and your posts were great resources on where to visit. If you have any recommendations for vegan-friendly eats in Ireland, please let me know! I’m still trying to plan. :-)
Julia・Little Miss Haute Couture
Hi Julia! It was sooo tough to find vegan food especially when we were in more rural areas so I ended up eating a lot of french fries and a little cheese unfortunately! I asked for toast at one cafe and got a grilled cheese… If you’re in Cork, you have to go to Liberty Grill though – quite a few vegan options (our hotel, Hayfield Manor, was also able to accommodate me)! In Dublin, we weren’t as lucky so we ended up eating Thai food which they modified for me so it didn’t have egg! Brother Hubbard was amazing for breakfast – it reminded me of something you’d find in San Francisco. Generally speaking, you can usually find a salad (although don’t get your hopes up for it being an interesting one) and stuffed mushrooms make an appearance a lot although they are usually stuffed with cheese :( We also stopped at a fresh market for fruits and veggies a few times just to snack on! There was always a vegetarian restaurant in each city, it just didn’t always fit our itinerary though so check tripadvisor before you go! Hope that helps!
Stephanie Whitman says
I recognize so many of these pictures. I’ve loved watching you travel to so many amazing destinations, and I hope to follow in your footsteps one day! The wanderlust is very strong with me haha! I would love to visit Greece, Italy, Switzerland, France, and Ireland the most. But of course there’s so many more places I’m dying to see!
Stephanie // SheSawStyle.com
Ashley Zeal says
Yay! I’m heading to Tahoe and Italy this year! So excited!
Do you know how jealous this makes me?! So wish I could head to some of these spots!
kanchipuram Silk sarees says