With visions of Friday here, I thought it would be fun to share my top 5 travel destinations. If you’re jetsetting off to a new destination this weekend, lucky you. For the rest of us, it doesn’t hurt to dream right? I’ll be stuck in my cubicle for the next 9 hours crunching numbers in Excel (my day job is in finance). Maybe I can sneak in a Kayak.com search to get something on the calendar.
If booking a plane flight is in your future, here are some of my favorite international destinations to consider! Look out for a roundup of places within the United States sometime in the next few Fridays. There are so many amazing destinations without crossing a gigantic body of water that I’ll be sharing there! But for now, my real passion: stamps in my passport.
1. Ireland. If you’re looking to fill your iPhone memory with lush, green photos, this is the destination for you. There is a picture perfect moment every direction you turn! This vacation was a little slower pace for us because there’s a lot of distance between sights. Meaning, lots of driving. That said, I drove the whole trip and was fine so don’t let that discourage you! There were so many photos from Ireland that I had to do quite a few travel guides. I did a complete 10 day itinerary as well as day trip travel guides by locale. See below!
2. Cabo. We went here for our first wedding anniversary so I may be a little partial. However, so many people visit regularly which confirms that Cabo deserves to be in the top 5. This trip was about relaxation, Mexican food, and margs for us. We spent a ton of time by the pool next to a plate of chips and guac and it was just perfect. The full travel guide on where to stay, what to eat, and what to do can be found here.
3. Japan. This was one of the coolest and most unique destinations we visited in 2016. Keep in mind I’m saying that and I don’t even eat fish (I’m vegan-ish). It’s that interesting! I shared most of my journey on an Instagram takeover with @liketoknow.it but you can find all the photos here for Tokyo and here for Kyoto and Osaka. I tried to capture not only the scene, but also the outfit and every photo is a place I’d recommend stopping by. Need more? I have a Word document with our itinerary so shoot me an email if you want it!
4. Italy. This was Matt’s second trip out of the country wayyy back in the day. I think it’s adorable that as a Midwesterner, he had never left the US of A before we started dating. It’s my mission to show him the world. That totally sounds like something out of Disney’s Aladdin. If I had to pick a favorite city in Italy, I couldn’t. We visited Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, and Cinque Terre.
This was right as I started blogging so I never created a travel guide for it. I had no idea where I was going with this little side project back then. It was just for fun. I also have an itinerary for this trip. Would you want to see that travel guide here on Visions of Vogue? One place we didn’t go but really want to is the Amalfi Coast. One day, I hope we’ll make our way back!
5. Belize. We didn’t really see much of the land portion of this country… Matt whisked me away on a surprise mini moon to a very secluded caye that was only a mile long and maybe 50 yards wide! As a California girl, the water is my jam so I was completely happy with that. We soaked up the sun on a gazebo, went snorkeling, watched Matt try his hand at fishing, and read a few books from our over water hut. It was a very peaceful and quiet trip which we welcomed as newlyweds. As you can see, my photo editing skills have come a long way ;)
I know Friday’s have become all about lists of 5 but honorable mention today is Banff, Canada. We visited in the middle of winter but I definitely want to go back when it’s warmer. It didn’t make today’s list only because I’m currently a little bitter about the cold. It went back to snowing again last night as seen on InstaStories! Chicago is back to her old ways of freezing us!
What is your favorite travel destination? Have you been to any of those listed above?