Non Maternity Dress (sized up to a large)
When it came to pregnancy, I tried to take a minimalist approach as much as possible. Knowing that there was a time limit on the experience, I didn’t want to invest in too many things that only worked for that time period. That being said, there were a few items that made me so much more comfortable that I included them here!
- Super High Rise Leggings. These high rise leggings aren’t maternity but they worked SO well for the bump all the way through pregnancy and have proven equally comfortable during postpartum. I didn’t find that they stretched noticeably which makes them a great investment for during and after. Plus, the quality in unparalleled so you know they will last! I ordered my regular size (if not pregnant, I usually size down).
- Maternity Biker Shorts. I tried to go as long as I could without maternity workout gear but these were a lifesaver! They are under $20 too and come in 5 colors! On that note, if you haven’t tried Hokas running shoes, they are orthopedist recommended so I wear them all the time but they protected my knees still during pregnancy!
- Maternity Leggings. I tried so many brands and these ended up being my favorite. There is quite a bit of fabric so you do have to adjust around the bump to pull it up but I found the way these are cut to be more seamless on the thigh and groin. Get your pre-pregnancy size! These were my second favorite.
- Spanx. I couldn’t stand the thigh rubbing so I ended up wearing these under my dresses. They also worked great for formal events!
- Compression Socks. For when your legs start swelling, these were recommended to me by my dermatologist. I had tried the other top rated Amazon brands but these were by far more effective. They also make nude thigh highs if you needed to wear to a formal event!
- Belly Band. For belly support, this was an effective band that helped so much when my low back was hurting or when we would go on walks with Myko!
- Belly Balm. I tried to many balms mostly because I had fun sampling them! This was my favorite one plus, the price can’t be beat. It’s thick so it’s best applied at night in my opinion. I also tried the Hatch Belly Oil which was a thinner oil, as oils go, so is better applied in the morning. I found it to be really similar to the more affordable Bio-Oil.
- Wireless Bra. One of the first pieces of advice from my OB was to get a comfortable bra and boy does this one take the cake. It was the only bra I could wear during pregnancy! It’s a fan favorite outside of pregnancy too but the support without the restriction is key. They also make a nursing bra!
- High Rise Undies. These were a late discovery but again have been so helpful before and after birth. The fabric is lightweight and the cut is great no matter what your birth experience was like. I personally, didn’t feel comfortable in the undies that went below the belly!
- Cooling Pajamas. I raved about these before I got pregnant but they were the only things I wanted to be in during pregnancy and postpartum too. They’re the only thing I could sleep in that didn’t get me overheated and that silky fabric makes you comfortable all night long. I’ve found the pants sets to be most comfortable to keep a layer between by thighs.
Did you have any pregnancy favorites or things you couldn’t live without? Leave them below!
Jessica Ryan says
Thanks for sharing chic & cute post. xoxo.