Waffle Henley (great for pregnancy and breastfeeding!) | Baby Outfit | Alpaca Bib
Postpartum is one of the most difficult times that I’ve been through (and I’m still navigating it). You’re learning your new baby, adjusting to a new way of life, your emotions and hormones are high, and you’re also healing physically. It’s a lot to go through and as much as you prepare for it, it comes on fast. I’m learning to take things in stride and work through all of it. That being said, there are some products that made postpartum much more pleasant!
- Frida Peri Bottle. The peri bottle in the hospital has nothing on this one. Not working against gravity is critical! Take this to the hospital! It will also live next to your toilet for the next few weeks. You will need it for a vaginal delivery.
- Cooling pajamas. I talked about these in my pregnancy must haves and I can’t rave about them enough. What’s more is that you don’t have to buy a pair just for a short phase of your motherhood journey – I’ve been wearing the same pairs before, during, and after pregnancy! I packed a pair in my hospital bag as they were more comfortable than the hospital robe.
- High Waisted Undies. Like the cooling pajamas, these are a wonderful before, during, and after pregnancy. Since you’ll be wearing pads for a bit, you’ll need something breathable and I preferred the high waist to something lower rise especially with pads.
- Perineal Spray. I had so many people tell me about the Earth Mama perineal spray! It’s a spray version of the Tucks and definitely has a cooling sensation.
- Dermoplast. They will likely have this for you in the hospital but I bought an extra bottle to have at home while I was healing. I kept a bottle upstairs and one downstairs in the bathroom for a few weeks after delivery and would use as needed to numb any areas that were still healing.
- Tucks. They will likely have these in the hospital too! They provide a little relief and cooling as your perineal region heals. The nurses told me to lay a few of these down on top of your pad every time you go to the bathroom to help with your recovery.
- Frida Peri Liners. If you don’t want to deal with lining up Tucks, these are really similar in effect for the perineal region. They do feel amazing and for an extra boost, you can store them in the freezer (you can do the same thing with Tucks)! They also lie on top of your pad really nicely as they are rectangular and offer plenty of length.
- Extra Long Pads. Being a tampon user regularly, these extra long pads just made me feel a little more comfortable in the week after delivery. Especially if you are regularly using the Tucks. You might not be able to hold pee in right away either! You can switch to regular ones by week 2!
- Nipple Butter. If you are breast feeding or pumping, your nipples will likely be adjusting to the activity for the first few weeks. The Earth Mama nipple bitter was another fan favorite y’all recommended to me and I have to agree!
- Colace. Yep, you’re heard about difficult bowel movements postpartum so have a bottle of this on hand to help!
- Bathroom cart. There are so many things you need to have handy with you that I bought this little cart to keep everything on. It’s under $20 which is what I was looking for. It’s definitely not perfect but it was really convenient to move around our bathroom and it held everything above that I used when going to the bathroom for weeks after birth.
Is there anything that helped you postpartum? Please share below!
Let me know what you think!