So you’ve heard about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. If from nowhere else other than yesterday’s post, you know about it. Also lovingly called the NSale, this sale is the sale to end all sales. The ultimate savings shopportunity. So what exactly is it? Read on.
First things first. When is the sale? Here are the 3 dates to need to know.
JULY 13th: Early Access starts for card holders only*
JULY 21st: Sale opens to the public
AUGUST 6th: Sale ends
*If you’re not a card holder, get one here ASAP!
How to Get Early Access
In order to have first dibs on thousands of items at a reduced price on July 13th, you need to have a Nordstrom Credit card. Added bonus: You can earn $20 off to shop the sale if you apply for a Nordstrom card by July 9th. You’ll earn rewards throughout the year by shopping at Nordstrom anyway but this is a little something extra right now. You can earn rewards at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and Hautelook with this card!
Why is it such a big deal?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale isn’t like any other sale. All of the items are actually BRAND-NEW FALL and WINTER items marked down! It’s crazy! Is it worth it? Absolutely. Items sell out FAST in this sale. Often times even before the sale opens to the public. There is nothing worse than seeing Tory Burch riding boots 50% off and sold out in your size. Trust me. That is an item I will be looking for this year!
Shopping online is highly recommended as inventory in-store is different everywhere. I try to avoid fighting crowds and being stalked by salespeople while I shop so I always order online!
What is in the sale?
Tons of really good fall items. If it seems weird to be shopping for fall mid-July, it is. I was so skeptical last year. However, there are some incredible pieces to look out for that you will wear through the end of the year.
Items to Watch For
There are thousands of items in the sale which can sometimes be overwhelming. So, have an idea of what you need for fall before you start. Here are the list of things I will be stocking up on
- Great basics under $50. I wore these items on repeat (and still do) last year. Basic solid and striped tops will be going into my shopping cart first thing! I usually look for pieces by BP, Hinge, and Treasure & Bond!
- Beauty products. This seems weird but last year, I got my favorite GLAMGLOW mask with 2 more sample masks for the same price as one mask at Sephora! Look out for some amazing deals from your favorite brands like Hourglass and Philosophy.
- Booties. My boots got torn to pieces after one real winter in Chicago. I’ll definitely be stocking up on more of these. Last year’s sale had a ton of great deals on Vince that were so cute. I have my eye on a few Rag & Bone booties from the catalog below too (page 22)!
- Boots. Especially Tory Burch riding boots. I wore mine out this past year and I’ll be looking to replace mine! Even if you’re not a Tory Burch fan, there will be other brands – possibly even some Stuart Weitzmans! While Stuart Weitzmans are definitely an investment, I wore mine weekly if not multiple times a week last year and they still are in great shape. Since they don’t need replacing, I’m planning to just expand my color collection!
- Bags. Take this opportunity to get a Rebecca Minkoff on sale! They will have tons of new fun styles in the sale! Tory Burch will be in there too!
- Sweaters. These cardigans fly off the racks (figuratively). I also stocked up on a few turtlenecks and cozy v-necks last year.
- Outerwear! Plan on picking up at least one good wool coat from this sale to get you through winter. My girls in the Northeast and the Midwest know this is a matter of survival! Kenneth Cole usually has a few classics as part of this sale!
Nordstrom released a catalog prior to the sale with their #NSale top picks. Bookmark or save your favorites so you can shop quickly once the sale opens. I spotted some adorable Vince loafers in blush pink already! For a better idea of what you can expect, see last year’s posts on the ‘best ofs’ the sale: boots, sweaters, outerwear, dresses, and beauty deals.
There is no promo code needed for this sale! Prices are as marked. You will see the full price listed too to give you an idea of how much you’re saving and also, what the price will be after the sale (should the item still be in stock or get re-stocked).
Are you excited yet? Make sure to bookmark this page and check back once the sale starts! I will be updating it with the best items as well as sharing my top Nordstrom Anniversary Sale picks into new posts here on Visions of Vogue.
Here were some of my favorite outfits from last year!