So we finally got our wedding photos which means it’s time to share them! As any bride knows, decor is a HUGE part of what you think about (and dream about) leading up to the big day. Everyone has ideas and all of them are wonderfully different. For me, I really wanted a neutral wedding. My taste changes so frequently that I wanted something I was sure I wouldn’t get tired of in 20 years. My friends and family were not shy about reminding me of this either over the past year!
I’m really happy with how things turned out! We got married in Temecula wine country at a beautiful vineyard called Villa de Amore. The weather was incredible – everyone could not stop talking about the gorgeous views. These photos don’t begin to do it justice but will give you a taste of what our wedding day looked like. The majority of my decor was found on Etsy – I loved the uniqueness and handmade feel of everything since I am not a DIY-er by any stretch of the imagination. A few great shops to start with if you are planning your own wedding or event:
- Ageless Alchemy is full of beautiful antique pieces. The gold mirror above is from there and I had our graphic designer write “Friends of the Bride, Friends of the Groom, Sit wherever there is plenty of room” on it to welcome our guests to the ceremony. It embodied the spirit of our wedding: one big happy family that likes to laugh and have a good time.
- Barbara from The Lettering Studio was my source for all things calligraphy through the entire process from my bridal shower to our wedding day. She has the ability to write in 9 different fonts and was one of the most professional, dependable vendors I worked with. From scrolls with each guest’s names hanging in champagne glasses, to the Thank You notes carefully placed on each table at dinner, to the table names written on beveled mirrors in gold, Barbara did an incredible job!
- One of the cutest pictures I’d found on Pinterest was one of hand stamped forks with cute little sayings on the bride and groom table. Matt actually picked out the ones we got but For Such a Time has a great selection ranging from traditional to quirky!
- Laura Hooper Calligraphy was also an incredible source for party decor. The gold foiled napkins you see below came from her shop as well as some of the fun accessories we used to let our guests decorate their drinks. For napkins, we went with fun phrases like Cheers, Love is Sweet (for the candy table) and Dinner is Poured. Our friends made up the majority of the guest list since we have small families so they really took that last phrase to heart! It was quite a party!
- Matt and I love to travel so I found this world map at Here and There Shop which was perfect for our guest book. The shop owner Carrie was such a sweetheart! Stay tuned for a fun DIY on how I incorporate this into our home decor. And if you missed our honeymoon, scroll through a few photos on Instagram for a quick recap.
There are SO many resources on Etsy that it’s nearly impossible to pick. Snag these sparkly gold stirs for your guests to dress your drink from Oh Shiny! Paper Co. too! For your next event, spend an hour or 2 browsing but know that in the end, you really can’t go wrong. There are so many talented shop owners out there and I loved working with all of the ones above.
If you have any questions or want some tips, please feel free to email me! I’ve got plenty of free time on my hand and secretly loved wedding planning!