We are back with the Friday Five series! Today I’m talking about 5 affordable ways to try the velvet trend. I know it can be hard to know which trends to invest in and which trends to pass on. If the 90s taught me anything though, velvet will always have it’s moment! Here are 5 ways to try this trend (which is oh so soft to the touch):
- Pink Crushed Velvet Dress – This dress is stunning! It’s got long sleeves so it’s perfect for winter and has a really flattering cut. At $60, it would make for the perfect NYE outfit with some metallic heels and a shiny clutch! I also love the idea of pairing it with a fur stole or chunky knit scarf.
- The Choker – This is easily the most affordable way to try this trend! This choker is only $14 and comes in multiple colors! Chokers are so on trend lately you won’t want to miss out on this one. It can be work alone or layered with a deep v top.
- A Pretty Clutch – Seems like I’m gravitating toward blush a lot lately, doesn’t it? If you plan on wearing a class LBD, this is the best way to add a pop of something shiny. It’s only $40 and looks so soft! There’s also this crystal embellished box clutch is you’re looking for something jewel toned!
- Sneakers – I’m obsessed! I love these taupe velvet shoes! They also come in blush and navy which is amazing and are under $70. If lace ups aren’t your thing, try these slip ons!
- Pink Sandals – I got these and I don’t even know where I intend on wearing them. That’s how gorgeous they are! Again, really feeling those feminine vibes but these can be worn with basic blacks and whites or even some silvery hues. I would wear them as a little pop of color to an otherwise classic outfit.
That’s it! Keeping it simple! Which velvet item was your favorite?