One of the most exciting things on my wedding to-do list was to figure out what to give my bridesmaids. These ladies are my rock(s?) and I am so grateful for all that they do for me every day. I definitely couldn’t make it through a week without an emoji filled group text, a girls trip, or chatting over a glass of rosé. Love you girls! Naturally, I wanted to show them just how much each and every one of them means to me but how to do it?
It’s tough to pick out one thing that a group of ladies will ALL like. My main thought was that I wanted it to be practical – something they would actually use. What do we all use every day? Makeup. So I started there with some of my favorite Beautycounter products. For my favorite people in the world, I wouldn’t trust any other brand to keep them safe, healthy, and beautiful. Beautycounter has a rigorous ingredient selection process that eliminates +1,500 harmful chemicals commonly found in other beauty products that can cause numerous health problems from skin irritation to the nasty “C” word. Don’t panic, you can use EWG’s Skin Deep database to find out how safe the products you use today are.
Because picking out beauty products can be downright overwhelming (I mean I can get lost in a Sephora in a good way), here are my top 5 products:
1. The Touchup Concealer Pen slays it when it comes to dark circles or any imperfections. With a clickable tip and easy to use form, you can slip it into any makeup bag with no fear of spills or running out of space.
2. Lustro Face Oil. My personal favorite is #3. For anyone that doesn’t use face oil, you need to start. Now. It has incredible moisturizing properties and instantly gives you healthier looking skin. If you’re looking for that runway model glow, this is the ticket. If you need more convincing, check out Goop’s article on the benefits of using face oil.
3. Dew Skin definitely makes the cut as one of the best tinted moisturizers out there. Aside from the elegant name and beautiful packaging, it has SPF 20 coverage and is all you need for a day at the beach. It also happens to be a great base for your foundation on days where you’re looking for more coverage
4. The Lustro Sugar Scrub is one of the most luxurious products I’ve ever used. It’s an incredible exfoliator and I use it every Friday in the shower. It’s a little treat to myself to kick off the weekend! My mom, who’s beauty routine I’d describe as non-existent, got hooked on this product and continually reminds me how great of a gift it was (her addiction started last Christmas).
5. The lip sheers are bomb. If you’re a natural makeup girl, go with rose. If you love a bold matte lipstick, try currant (my personal favorite). While the color is sheer, it’s the perfect tool to take your day look up about 50 notches.
I slipped everything for my bridesmaids into these perfectly sized pouches that I use every time I travel. I’m always impressed with how much they can fit and they’re uber durable too.
Moving out of the beauty department, I have been obsessed with my Mantraband bracelet lately so I got each bridesmaid one to fit their personality. Fortunately, there are a ton of inspirational sayings for this diverse bunch! And because I’ve seen robes on just about every bride for the last 5 years, I wanted to mix it up with Plum Pretty Sugar shortie sets. I somehow never find myself in a robe, opting for the much more practical (yet still totally adorable) pajama shorts/sleeveless top combo – I get extremely hot when I sleep but am freezing when I’m awake. Can’t win! We woke up early for hair and makeup (there were 10 of us!) but at least we looked adorable while we were getting ready! Stay tuned for a super cute photo of us actually wearing them once I get the photos back from our photographer!
For the day of, I got each girl one of these super cute mini emergency kits for Pinch Provisions. Not only did it come in handy for a few of the girls but it is still getting me out of a bind to this day! Truly, the gift that keeps on giving slash saving. Lastly, I packaged everything in these adorable totes from ilulily to transport everything effectively. I’m a total klutz so I worry about things like trying to carry multiple things and ending up with them scattered across the floor! I’m also exceptionally terrible at wrapping things so this was my easy way out.