Valentine’s Day is almost here! Whether that makes you giddy or makes you groan, there’s nothing wrong with starting to plan your outfit now. It’s always fun to dress up! Today’s post is all about VDay outfit inspiration. Here are 5 ideas for everyone from the single gal planning a GNO or the married girl planning a low key evening!
1. The statement top. If you’re looking to buy something new this year, the statement top is an easy way to do so in an affordable way. You only need to invest in one piece! My favorite VDay tops are off the shoulders. There is something so romantic about this cut. It can also be worn long after Valentine’s Day without looking like, well… Valentine’s Day.
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite statement tops below! Each of them has a unique detail – this holiday is about standing out and loving who you are as an individual! A cold shoulder, a ruffle sleeve, or a pom sweater (if you’re in a cold climate) – I’ve got you covered.
2. The comfortable outfit. There’s something to be said for comfort. This twist front dress was something I picked up during last year’s season and was so surprised that Matt adored it. You know how men are. Sometimes, we’re even lucky to get a nod in our direction.
When it comes to comfortable clothing, it doesn’t necessarily need to be a dress. It could be a cute tee with your favorite pair of distressed jeans. If you have a more active date night planned, that would be perfect! Plus, it’s an excused to wear your rose gold Adidas. If you’re staying in and binge watching Netflix, think about a cozy sweater – maybe even cute PJs! Here are some of my favorite comfy pieces to help you get a little festive.
3. The heart printed item. I talked about being a little festive in my last point. Now, let’s talk about getting a lot festive. If you’re the girl that loves everything with a heart on it, this is your time to shine! I honestly never thought I’d be that girl. However, after getting this heart printed blouse, I have to admit I kinda like it. Plus, there are so many cute heart items out there! Some of my favorites are linked below!
4. The pretty date night dress. If you’re going to an 8 course meal with a wine pairing, you might feel like you need to amp up your style for this romantic day. In that case, try a red dress. It turns heads and can also be worn for those spring and summer weddings. Pair it with a fun accessories like a faux fur jacket and heart shaped sunglasses.
5. The casual I-refuse-to-wear-red-or-pink outfit. I totally used to be this girl. I absolutely hated the color pink growing up! This last outfit idea is to demonstrate that you don’t need to wear the traditional VDay colors to look incredible! Sometimes, a simple pair of high waisted jeans and a sleek black top is equally as jaw dropping. Plus, it’s extra slimming. Here are some ideas!
What are your Valentine’s Day plans this year? Do you know what you’re going to wear yet?