Pink Chenille Sweater (also comes in grey and mustard!) | $22 Twist Front Tee (6 colors!) | $54 Distressed Boyfriend Jeans (size down, they look better on!) | Pink Pointed Toe Mules | Pink Bucket Bag | $55 Pink Rimmed Sunglasses
Last week, I took a poll on Instagram (I’m loving that new function!) to see what item you guys needed for fall the most. There was an overwhelming amount of votes for sweaters. Which, makes sense, considering this past weekend in Chicago saw some pretty fierce thunderstorms followed by temperatures that felt like it was mid-January. I’m already scared to think of what this winter is going to be like! There’s nothing I love more than a cozy knit so in today’s post, I’m rounding up the 9 best sweaters for fall (and also some of the worst I’ve tried on)!
This pink chenille cardigan is one of my favorites this year. While not necessarily the most flattering piece (it’s very chunky), it’s one of the softest fabrics I’ve felt. Like a silky soft. I also love the slight bubble sleeve and the pattern along the hem. The color is so easy to style as a neutral – you’ve probably noticed I’ve been incorporating a lot more blush pink into my every day outfits lately. Matt loves it when I wear pink and I’m embracing my feminine side!
Feeling all the cozy, I paired this chunky knit with my favorite $22 tee. Trust me when I say, you will get more mileage out of this tee than you think. You can wear these tees with everything and at this price point, it’s easy to justify buying multiple colors. I did and they have come in handy so much over the last month or two.
I’m also breaking out the boyfriend jeans. These jeans are only $55 right now (size down a size) and while they look absolutely hideous on the model, I feel like they look pretty good on me. I never expect boyfriend jeans to look that great on my curvy figure but it’s about the comfort for me. For some reason, these just fit really well whether it’s the high waist, the slim-through-the-hip cut, or the color. I’m a huge fan. Matt also hates them with some kind of intense passion so that makes me love them even more. Why do things happen that way? It’s right up there with wanting what I can’t have.
And if you feel like you need to elongate your legs a little (I always do), just add some pointed toe mules like I did. Just size up a half size in these!
Now, for the other must have sweaters this fall. I’m going to cheat a little and give you 9 more. I stared at these 9 for a good 5 minutes before deciding that I couldn’t possibly take any of these off my must have list. I should have just renamed this post “10 best sweaters for fall” but by the time it got to this point of writing, I was too far in….
(not in order)
1. Gray Cowl Neck Tunic: So good for wearing with leggings! I live in these during winter! Comes in 5 colors. Order down a size. I also love the beige.
2. White Mock Neck Knit: I love the neckline! At under $50, this is the perfect white sweater for work too! Runs TTS.
3. Oversized White V-Neck Knit: Another great sweater for snuggling up in. Definitely a weekend piece but so good with relaxed fit jeans or faux leather leggings. Size down! Also comes in grey!
4. Pink V-Neck: Soooo soft and fuzzy! Runs TTS and can be paired with all those cognac accessories. Plus, it’s only $39.
5. Grey Cardigan: Love the slight bubble sleeve. A great quality cardigan that you can wear with endless color combinations.
6. Beige Cardigan: Literally the best cardigan I’ve found for under $50. It also comes in 4 colors. If you need one really basic cardigan, make it this one.
7. Convertible Cowl Neck: This sweater can be worn either cowl neck, off the shoulder, or off one shoulder. I love the versatility and it’s only $54 and comes in 7 colors.
8. Pink Blouson Sleeve Cardigan: I had to throw more pink in there! If you need a statement cardigan, the cut of this one does the trick. If you don’t want another blush one in addition to the chenille, grab one of the other 3 colors like the burnt orange!
9. Grey V-Neck Sweater: Just the best darn basic there is. Comes in 5 colors and is only $45. Just size down to avoid an overly slouchy look! I styled the beige one for the weekend and also over a blue button down for work!
And now for the fun part! Here are some sweaters that I tried that absolutely did not work!
I hope that gave you a laugh! As a reminder, you can get more fall outfit inspiration here or just use the menu bar on my site to navigate to “Fall” under “Fashion” in the header!
Here is the linkup! Next week’s theme is favorite fall accessories so start planning your outfit!