The Sephora VIB sale is a highly anticipated event in my household! Even Matt has learned what that means this year. I’ve recently gotten him started on a skincare routine and am pleasantly surprised by how accepting he has been. If you’ve ever watched my Instagram stories, you’ve probably see a few where he’s discovering the magic of face masks. It’s hilarious. But let’s get down to the good stuff: what you need to get during the sale!
Here are the Sephora VIB sale details. The sale starts today (April 19th) and runs through April 24th. If you’re shopping online, use code VIBSPRING at checkout to get 15% off your entire purchase. Ever since I got the mailer last week, I’ve been planning what I’m going to buy! This is like Christmas!
These are my top 10 picks from the sale:
1. Toner. As y’all know, I’m first and foremost a skincare girl. I literally just ran out of my favorite toner last night so I’m adding that to my cart first! I am amazed at how long this product lasted. Seriously. I first wrote about it last year when I included it in my everyday skincare routine for sensitive skin. This same bottle has lasted about 6 months (I bought it in the fall VIB sale). I haven’t had a single breakout since I started using this product.
2. Serum. I also talked about Jurlique’s Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum in my skincare routine post. I’ve been trying a couple different serums since but this one is the only one that actually has visible results. Nothing beats this product!
3. Mascara. Everyone has their favorite mascara. Mine is Make Up For Ever’s Smoky Extravagant. It’s the best for lengthening. When you first use it, make sure to wipe the excess mascara off really well or you may get mascara all around your eye. It also takes a little to get used to the shape of the brush but the shape is part of what lengthens. After a week of use, you should be all good. If we’re being honest, I use a combination of 2 mascaras. It’s tough for one formula to both lengthen and thicken. So, my first layer is MUFE and I follow that with this one from Too Faced to add volume. Until I find the magic mascara that does both, this combo is killing it for me!
4. Lash Primer. Keeping with the theme of making those peepers look fabulous, lash primer is key. Opening Act by Tarte is the best in terms of lengthening and even comes with an added bonus: a travel sized mascara! And if you’re thinking, do I really put 3 products on my lashes to get them ready? Kind of. I reserve the 3 step process for the weekend. Monday through Friday, I hold it down with just the MUFE mascara.
5. Foundation. I’ve tried a bunch of different foundations in the past year and Vanish by Hourglass Cosmetics comes out on top if you’re looking for full coverage.
6. Eye Cream. I’ve also been experimenting with a few different eye creams. I struggle with dark circles so am really excited to try this Vine[Active] Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream. The description really sold me because it teaches the skin how to better protect itself. It’s also formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. I also got these Cucumber De-Tox patches last time and love the cooling sensation plus they’re pretty affordable considering you get 60 pads.
7. Face Mask. This is my absolute favorite face mask of all time. I’ve talked about it in several posts. It makes your face look the Snapchat botox filter but in real life. Totally a miracle product. Every single person I’ve recommended this to or gifted this to has agreed!
8. Sunless Tanner. With summer almost here and my skin looking whiter than ever, I’m all about this. You don’t know white until you’ve lived in the Midwest for a winter. I’d recommend this starter kit if you’re a beginner. Note that the mitt is key to ensuring your tan doesn’t look like it came out of a bottle!
9. Face Oil. So I talked a LOT about face oil and why you need to use it in this post. While the Beautycounter No. 3 is my favorite face oil without a doubt, if you wanted to purchase something at a discount, try this one by bareMinerals. It’s reasonably priced and the ingredients look pretty good.
10. Something for your guy. Because why not? Men need skincare too! I’ve been noticing that Matt has been developing wrinkles around his eyes (from all the laughing, of course, right?). That’s why he’s been so keen for this sale to start. He’s literally asked me about it weekly since February. Like I’m on the PR team for Sephora and know when it’s going to start. Anyway, I decided on this eye cream for him!
And because I know this post wasn’t very makeup focused, here is my bonus must-have. If you’re the girl looking to add one item to your makeup bag that will change your life, get this palette. Hourglass has dominated the market when it comes to powders that place light on your face in flattering ways. As the name of this palette suggests, it’s surreal. I have the older version and find that I use it every single day. It’s great for during the day but you can really play up the powders to contour and add that glow to your face for night. It’s an outstanding product that is multifunctional and gorgeous. I mean, did you see the marble case?
What items are you going to get from the Sephora VIB sale? If you have any favorite, let me know! I’m always looking to try new things!